Monday, August 18, 2014

Inspired by a Book - H2H...

This week at H2H, we are still keeping with this month's theme of "Inspired by"....and this week, it comes in the form of a BOOK!!!

As you can probably see...the DT has varying takes on this challenge!!!

My inspiration comes from {{{this book}}} pinned to my Mini-Album Board...

I bought the svg but in the end, I really wanted to use CTMH's Chalk It Up PML Cards Since CTMH has an AWESOME deal this month (see the very end of my post) so I came up with my own template and cut it by hand (templates are at the end of this post).  I used the Chalk It Up WOTG and the Chalk It Up Complements to embellish!


Here are a BUNCH of close-ups...make sure you look at all the pull-outs and details...


------------------------------------
Pages 1 & 2



----------------------------------------------
This is one of the 2" x 3" PML Cards...already prompted with Class Schedule...so, I just filled it in then created a pull-out to name the teachers and room #'s...

----------------------------------
Pages 3 & 4


-------------------------------
Pages 5 & 6

------------------------------------------------
This PML card is actually from the Laughing Lola PML Kit...LOVE that I can combine Kits and it still looks like they go together!
-----------------------------------
Here's a close-up of the 4x6 Chalk It Up PML Cards that I used for pull outs...



Ok...as promised here is the cutting diagram for the mini-album...

This is the outside cover...it's a little larger so when folded the inside pages won't still out.

Here's the inside pages...

Then decorate with 3-7/8" x 5-5/8" B&T and add as many embellishments as you'd like.  Don't forget the PML Card for the pull-outs...you might have to cut them down just a tad so they won't stick out of the pockets!

DON'T FORGET during the month of August, you can get any package of Memory Protectors for only $3 with ANY Picture My Life Kit purchase!

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to make your own "Inspired by a BOOK" project using CTMH products and link up to our H2H Challenge before the end of the month!

6 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love the way you used the PML cards! Seeing the school schedule brought back memories ~~ ugh, Algebra! What a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I love your take on the book inspiration - why not be inspired by another project instead of a novel? LOVE what you've done with the PML cards. Will have to give this a try. It's fun playing along with you at H2H this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE this it is just way to adorable. Thank you for the little tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool mini "book"! Your PML cards were incorporated so well and I love the added journaling prompts like: 'backpack contents'. That would be perfect for my daughter, plus a 'locker contents' page as she decorated a locker for the first time this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Katy. I adore they, it is cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....