Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day #1....

Happy WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!  Yes, there's such a thing and us crafters LOVE that our obsession craft is celebrated world-wide for at least one day a year!  And...if our husbands have any doubt, they can google it...lol.

Today, I'm gonna try to post several cards throughout the day to celebrate.  I say "try" because between 3 active kids running around and a football game to go to, we will be very busy today!

Here's my first card...made using CTMH Artbooking Collection.  I created this card in the Cricut Craft Room and you access the file {{{{here}}}} and see tip at the very end of this post.  I also used CTMH Black Glitter Paper...it's a perfect addition to this card!

-------------------------------
Now for some details about this card...the upper right corner.  I dove-tailed a piece of Huntington B&T then added some Slate Striped Twist Ties by cutting one in 1/2 then wrapping it around my Paper Piercer.  For the final little added touch, I took a Wooden Badge Button (in the "while supplies last" bin on my website) and covered it with some of the NEW Party Washi Tape 3-Pack (available October 15th).
--------------------------------
Here are some close-ups...I pop-dotted the White Daisy Bat Cut-out piece for dimension...TIP: you have to use a lot of adhesive or 3-D Foam Tape to get a good adhesion to this glitter paper!
------------------------------------
And decorated the inside and added a sentiment from the Eek & Shriek Stamp Set...

Thanks for stopping by....don't forget to come later today and see what else I've been creating on this wonderful WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!

Inspiration for this card was found here....

TIP for CCR file: You have to have a BOX account to access the file but it's FREE so why not!  And...I placed my piece of cardstock about 1/4" from the side and top of the mat so the bats would cut "off" the page if you know what I mean.  The White Daisy Cardstock is 3.75" x 5.5" if that helps.

Here's a look at the key used to make this card...

1 comment:

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....