Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday - Caprice Style

My card for today is an attempt at going "green"....it was made using scraps from a little project I'm working on that will probably be ready for my FREE TO CHOOSE FRIDAY post. Here's a little sneak peak...
The Inspiration

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Card
The well wishes for this Wednesday happen to be the Birthday kind using CTMH's Caprice Paper Packet and Color Ready Alphabet. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a sticker fan but these things might just change my mind! These versatile, adhesive-backed alphabets in White Daisy cardstock are perfect for chalking, inking, sponging, stamping, and more. Just embellish, peel and attach! They come in 3 different fonts (I used Oxford) and are only $3.95!!! I sponged, stamped AND used rub-ons on mine.


The inside...with plenty of room to write.*
Products used are all CTMH:
Paper Packet: Caprice
Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday, Friendship Alphabet and
Key to My Heart
(only available during Paper Crafting Month - see my side-bar for more information)
Ink: Chocolate, Heavenly Blue and Honey
Heritage Edge Anchors
Color-Ready Alphabet - Oxford
Chocolate Rub-Ons - Love Letters
Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon
Sponge Dauber
Tombow Adhesive

* I usually don't stamp the inside of my cards...especially if the front side has my "wishes" on it. That way, I have plenty of room to write. The only exception is when I'm using a stamp set that has a 2-part phrase and then I'll stamp the front with the 1st part and the inside with the "punch line".

4 comments:

  1. Katy...this card is lovely...love the new alphabet stickers. I just bought some to play with. You did a great job~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Katy! What a fantastic way to use up scraps. Can't wait to get home and try it. Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the clever girl? Great ideas on both projects! I hear you on the sticker thing, but I might change my mind, too! This is a great idea, and I love that you added the rub-ons - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! You are so cute and a TRUE TALENT! Your darling upline Pam directed us cruisers to check out your site, and what a fantastic surprise! You are just a jewel!

    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous work.

    Pamela is a dear friend-- we are cruiser buddies from way back. (Ask her about a golf cart in Mexico) :)

    You inspire me!

    Sundi Hendrix :) Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....